HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Jackaroo gearboxes/remote shifter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Jackaroo gearboxes/remote shifter Reply with quote

The G200 I have just bought comes with a 4spd box. I have two questions (without actually looking at the box yet):

1) Does the Jackaroo have the same box as a Rodeo, and therefore it has a remote shifter setup which I can adapt as shown in the workshop? Or is it essentially a Gemini box? How is the 4WD transfer case attached?

2) Regarding said workshop article on the remote shifter, how does the selector mesh with the forks considering there is a metal spacer between the remote unit and the box? Wouldn't this extra distance mean the two no longer mate properly?

I may well answer question 1 in soon time, just after pplz thoughts Smile

Thanx
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackaroo gearboxes/remote shifter Reply with quote

look in the work shop about that remote shifter
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Jackaroo gearboxes/remote shifter Reply with quote

Did you not read my post, Gene? I clearly stated I had read the workshop in question, duh.

My first question is whether Jackaroo and Rodeo gearboxes are identical, and whether they both have the remote shifter.

My first question concerns the conversion. I guess I am better off emailing the guy who actually did the conversion. Not going to get any sense in here.
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackaroo gearboxes/remote shifter Reply with quote

easy tiger....dont give up so easily.youve only got one reply. (2 now)
baz
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackaroo gearboxes/remote shifter Reply with quote

No sweat TD, I been on this board for a loooong time, now back after a lengthy absence. I am just annoyed at Gene's post, but that is nothing new Very Happy
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackaroo gearboxes/remote shifter Reply with quote

sorry was to busy to care, lol, nah the post was to long so i couldnt be bothered reading it HAHHA sorry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: