HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Tacho in place of clock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerd
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Tacho in place of clock Reply with quote

I got a TE console with a clock in it and an after market tacho that I wanted to put in place of the clock. The only thing is the tacho is deeper than the console so I would have to cut a hole in the green electrical panel at the back of the console to fit it. Is this going to fack anything up or can I just chop away?

Has anyone do this before?

Any help would be great thanx
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho in place of clock Reply with quote

Hangon, I'll go have a look in your car...

No idea

hehe

I think this is the most useful answer you are going to get bro
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho in place of clock Reply with quote

The green lines are wiring so you will have to connect the green lines together somehow when you cut a part out
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Tacho in place of clock Reply with quote

Ive put a sport comp tacho in there and had the same problem but didnt really want cut up the electical stuff so i just cut up the clear plastic and had it sticking out the front a little. You may think will look a little funny but it really doesnt

JOSH
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Tacho in place of clock Reply with quote

I have one sunk into my td dash. I never did it but it took the whole dash apart to see how it was done.

Basically what they did was take the tacho apart and remove the internals then they sunk the face of the tacho in place of the clock, then built it back up again. Its pretty neat. It should all fit fairly easy if you use a small tacho.
nerd
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho in place of clock Reply with quote

Thanx I might have a look at Soop's idea and will let you know how it go's.

maybe RobboQld could do it for me

lol
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: Pics.. proof :) Reply with quote

http://members.iweb.net.au/~orca/gemi_build/IMGA0115.JPG

Theres the tacho.

Excuse the dust on the dash haha
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho in place of clock Reply with quote

You wish
MrSHADOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Tacho in place of clock Reply with quote

I wouldn't cut the Green Electrical panel at all. There are aftermarket tachos available that will fit into a standard gemini dash. Smiths make one, I had a smiths 10,000rpm tacho mounted in the standard dash without cutting anything, it had a chrome surround which did press up against the clear cover on the dash, but it looked superb and like it belonged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: