HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

clicking sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2lowbluegem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: clicking sound Reply with quote

i have this wierd clicking sound coming from the engine. when you get the revs up it sounds like it clicks faster, so the harder you push the accelater the faster the sound goes. it wont happen on low revs just when you want some higher revs. i think i have narrowed it down to the pistons but still not quite sure.

any suggestions would great to what it could be
thanx
pannelvanman
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: clicking sound Reply with quote

hey i segest a big end bearing??
wagonnnne
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: clicking sound Reply with quote

sounds like tappets to me. check and adjust them.
2lowbluegem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: clicking sound Reply with quote

where abouts are the tappets, i have a stock g1600 and i am practically know nothing about cars, but i am learning pretty quick

just a rough area, and what it might look like would be a help

thanx
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: clicking sound Reply with quote

take the tappet cover off, and there they are....gregory's manuals come in handy for that sorta shit. it could be bearings, tappets, or if its real loud, possibly even your piston. my first g161 had that, but it was really fuckin loud....it disintergrated and my engine ceased up. but i doubt its that bad.
MrSHADOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: clicking sound Reply with quote

if all that fails, check it isn't pinging, mine does the same when its hot.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: clicking sound Reply with quote

Tappet sounding noise could also be the timing chain, if its loose it will rattle just like a tappet.

Hold a screwdriver onto the engine while running and feel the vibration to determine where the noise is coming from.
2lowbluegem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: clicking sound when hot!! Reply with quote

thats something that i just realised when it does get hot, it starts to ping. is there any suggestions that might help combat this. or just look at a new engine. im thinking of rust3 rodeo engine.
thanks.
nathan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: