HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WHAT A RORT!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wagonnnne
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

hey i was considering buying some nice 17 inch chromies off my mate (theyre on a pulsar right now) and i thought itd look sweet as, but now my brother tells me they might not be legal, that the diameter is too large?!?!? I live in nsw. is this true??!?! ive never heard it before, and im sure ive seen gems with 17s. i knew there were width restrictions, but theyre fine in that respect. this better not be true!!

Please help!! i want my gem to be sweet!!

cheers!
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

only allowed 2inches bigger than standard 13's which is 15's , u can have 17's u just keep gettin defected and havin 2 pull em off and on when u go over the pits.

chris...
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

Get big arse brakes so you need 17's then get them engineered
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

still wont be leagal, they do it on car weight and chances of aqua planing. if its a light car u need a smaller (skinyer) tire so u dont need as much weight wo stop from aqua planing, where as a heavy car wil have enuff(enough- for all the retarded people who complain about sort hand and spelling Smile) weight to force out the water
if u get what i mean
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

Well why the fuck dont cunts in fuckin civics with 18 inch wheels get defected by the cops? and no im talking about this guy in town and he hasnt got them engineered. Im just fuckin sick of the rta complaining about big wheels and all this other fucking shit where they could go and catch criminals and crap. And the other day i was this wb ute full of rust, the whole back tray and the front guards were that rusted that it was a wonder it was still going. They need to clean up their act and get these fuckin people instead of hassling us "hoons".
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

cos its a new car, and most coppers wouldnt know shit from shit. civics with 18"s is defectable
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

and coppers only go after someone who they can get on heaps of things, ie, young guys in older done up cars, cos they know whats ment to be in them. these days cas come up with fucking 10 different models with 10 different engins and a copper wouldnt know if t was a comversion or not.
for exapmle i got pulled over for RBT's about 10-15 time with my rice biy neons on and they said nother but " nice car" untill one day a copper who actually knew that laws done me for the neons. i ask him why i didnt get told the othere 10-15 times i had been pulled over and h esaid quote" most of the coppers these days dont know whats leagal and whats not"quote
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

neons are for teeny bopers... my opinion Smile
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT A RORT!!! Reply with quote

What does wheel diameter have to do with aqua planing??? I know its not legal, probably due to engineering/stresses, not aqua planing, a tyre no matter what size is made to displace 5 litres of water per second at 100km/h, thats what the treads for (water displacement not grip). Speak to them and find out actual reasons. As for cops, geminis are on their list, they have a list of cars that are targeted, eg dunnydores, monaros, XB to XF fords, etc, trust me i know coppers plus you get too many defects and in smaller towns anyway your number plate gets added to the list. Easy way to avoid it is to have a legal car, i don't and i run the risk of a defect, but from a safety point of view i'll never get a defect...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: