HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

big valve head info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGNVD247
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: big valve head info Reply with quote

hey, i was just woundering how i could tell the difference between a normal 1600 head and a big valve head? and if the big valve heads came off a tx gem and only a tx gem? and if i would notice much power difference if i trader the normal head for a bigger valve head.
lowrideTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: big valve head info Reply with quote

looking into your engine bay, on the intake side of your head there is a moulding in the head with a number. if the number is a 7, 14 or 21, then its one of the larger valve heads. other numbers like 18, 22 and so on are small valve sizes. im pretty sure the tx may have a big valve head, also the zz/z models have them
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: big valve head info Reply with quote

Bullshit, the only way to tell is that there is no Isuzu symbol on the front of the head. The zz/z had the TG head which had the exhaust recirculation gear on it. And the TX-TD had the big valve head.
lowrideTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: big valve head info Reply with quote

yep thats right, have a cry like you usually do.. but theres no reason to get all worked up. my sorce is high flow heads & rebuilds, the number castings had something to do with the head measurements, u might be right about the zz/z, but my mate has one and he rebuilt the engine in it, it does have a big valve head but im not sure its original. you will notice that the isuzu symbol or no isuzu symbol does corespond with the numbers on them too Wink
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: big valve head info Reply with quote

Im not getting upset like you, I just said what you said was bullshit, whats wrong with that. And like I said in the R&D forum I have seen both the big and small valve head with the No. 4 cast on the side, so I dont think you should trust the number rule everybody keeps saying.
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: big valve head info Reply with quote

ok heres the easy way, the tx was the only geminin to come out with the big valve head. yes they have no isuzu symbol on the front of them but niehter do G180 heads, the G180 heads have pollution gear hole near the spark plugs though.
the big valve heads have no isuzu symbol on the front and nothing else coming off the head at all.

Anyone want one, i had my spare big valve machined up thinking my head was cracked but turned out to just be the welsch plugs. so sellin my spare one now anyone interested? 043 999 8417
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: