HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

How longs your rod?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wagonnnne
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: How longs your rod? Reply with quote

like the title?

yeah im in the process of assessing my gems suspension. its been lowered (withs chops all round im afraid. NOT HAPPY). Just need to know how long the standard panhard rod is. I think they've just left the stocky one there which will be why its crabwalking a lil bit.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: How longs your rod? Reply with quote

You'd know for sure, the aftermarjet ones are genarall adjustable so you can change the height to whatever, unlike the matched system (standard). I can check for ya tonight if you need, but if its crabwalkin its probly standard...
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How longs your rod? Reply with quote

I dont know how long the standard panhard rod is, but no matter how long, it shouldnt be crab walking unless the trailing arms are damaged. The panhard rod locates the diff traversely accross the car, the trailing arms control the direction the diff points. You theoretically should be able to have the diff half hanging out of the car with a 3 metre panhard rod, and it should still point forward (exagerated hugely, but still roughly correct).
wagonnnne
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: How longs your rod? Reply with quote

ahh i see. well when i say crab walking, i mean it pulls to the left a bit. htought the panhard rod might have been suspect, but if what you say is true its probably more to do with my front geometry, tie rod ends and the like. will check the arms tho. thanks mate.
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How longs your rod? Reply with quote

If you gemini has been lowered it will of course crab walk becouse when you lower it the panhard rod moves everything of centre the only way to fix it is to by a adjustable one. Which when adjusted correctly pull everything back to the centre.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: