HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FARKEN INSURANCE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

im 18 td sedan stock as a rock first car k now insurance dad rang aroung heaps and the best price he could get for me is 385 a year plain 3rd party not fire and theft and thats stock as a rock if i put anything half fucken decent in they wont insure me!!
im not fucken happy about this ill be honest who is everyone insured with and what do they pay or did they pay at 18.

on a final note there guna fucken force me in a year or two to not insure it fucken stock they can suck my dick
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

where are you?

A while back when I was 18 I got a quote from RACQ for fire and theft on my TE... told them it had extractors and sports exhaust, can't remember what else I told them... weber... don't think I told them it's been lowered... but I did even tell them I'd had a speeding ticket! and I was quoted ~$230 a year... so I don't know what the hell you are doing.

Robbo
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

Ok, you are from Victoria and I'm from Queensland, but I can't imagine that makes that much difference..... guess it must?
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

dude, bargain with them, my dad is a courier, and he got his yearly bill for renewing the insurance, and it went up to like $1100 cos they said that they had to increase it coz of the amount of time that car is on the road, that it is used for work purposes, blah, blah, etc. he rang them up, and got it down to $750, that's for a 2002 hiace, full everythin. now, if he would of just said ok and accepted it, he would have unnecesarily paid $350.

moral of this story - they are dodgey bastards, and if they giv u a high quote, fuk em and complain!

chris.
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

i had fire and theft on mine, and they cancelled it cos they told me i could only have a stereo thats worth 10% the value of the car. A fucking head unit its worth more than that. They reckon it was too much of a risk that they would steal the car for the stereo, let alone the mags etc. I had fire and theft only about $200 a year and third party property for around the same, but im in QLD too.... that was with AAMI... cunts
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

If you really want a laugh ask them how much full comp is worth. On my TC with 15's and nothing else they wanted a little under $2000 and would cover it for the blue book value which was about $1800 and I only paid $1000 for the car in the first place.

I ended up going for 3rd party fire and theft for $320.
bootcharGe
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

i got third party for $220 a year, on my TX and i have had speeding fines and i have had an accident in a car that was insured with them about 5 months before that and i'm 17. basically just keep ringing around and try some credit unions cos sometimes they have cheap car insurance. i dont know if you have to have a loan with them or what?.
if you really are having trouble try insuring it under a parents name with your self nominated as the second driver.
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

Ok, I only got mine insured about a month ago (same time I got it on the road). RACQ Motor fire, theft and third party liability insurace cost me $228.10. This does not include the CTP which was already paid.

While I was there, I asked about what modifications are allowed. They run on a 30 point system. My 13 inch mags are 5 points. The rest is stock, but the simple mods cost alot of points.

carby = 10 points
extractors = 10 points
Exhaust = 10 points

So, with my wheels I can only get 2 of these mods. Stupid really, when modern cars are more powerful in stock trim. With the carby, if you go over 20% larger than stock they can refuse your claim too, so be careful. My solution? Fit a G200 and keep it stock. Cheers, Greg.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

Problem with your solution, fit a G200 or any other engine and insurance don't wanna know ya. Imports are worse too. If you seriously wanna do your car up seriously, not just mags exhaust etc, you've basically gotta forget insurance as its gonna cost more than your car in just one or two years, they know theyve got ya by the balls though. When you come down to it you're damned if you do and damned if you don't...
MrSHADOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

My Missus is insured with RACQ and it cost $16 a month for Fire Property and Theft.

I am sure your Automobile Club down there would have to have someting similar.

If not, do what I have done, don't insure the f#$cker. or search for a custom car insurer, they tend to be expensive when it comes to under 25's though.
Leigh
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: FARKEN INSURANCE Reply with quote

I paid about 450 for 3rd party,fire & theft with mags and exhaust with aami I think. Some mobs are cheaper than others but not by much more than 10 - 15%. I think they have something against Melbournians by the prices everyone else is quoting.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE CUNTS Reply with quote

Hey, how ya doin dude,
I am in Victoria and I used to be with AAMI, they were real arseholes to me when my car got stolen, and they wouldn't insure me at all if i was gonna lower my car, so we switched over to "Just Car Insurance" and it cost about the same amount per year ($370 Third Party) but they will insure you for unlimited modifications as long as you let them know what the modifications are. Try these guys out, they're real good.
Good luck man.
2lowbluegem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: cant insure my car Reply with quote

i went to aami and racv tried to put insurance on the car, not third party. they asked what i had it in it. stereo worth close to $3000, their first fucking answer was instantly NO! asked them how much of a stereo i could put it in 10% i said fuck, my pioneer tsd 6" where was over that speakers by themselves are about $300.
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: cant insure my car Reply with quote

yeah im with "Just Car Insurance" they will insure youif your car is "heavily modified", if youre under 15 and if you have a bad driving record! and like hypaTG said its only $370 or something like that Smile
Leigh
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE CUNTS Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. Have you ever had a claim with these guys, if so what were they like to deal with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: