HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

im farked... is this too much?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

Well i took my gemi to pedders today, and they told me that all my suspension was rooted, and the front springs look as though they have been chopped (which i didnt know about). This is what they quoted me to get fixed:

Front Struts $380
Rack Boots $ 42
Bump Stops $ 46
Rear Shocks $130
Labour to fit $185

TOTAL $783

thats a fkin lot of money. Is this too much, and thats without buy new springs. I doubt its worth doing really.
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

fuck that is a bit much but its your safety at risk if you dont do it. The suspension could fuck up and put you into a tree so just be cautious and see if you can get it all done by someone you know or something
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

get a few second opinions, never buy anything without shopping around, they may be trying to rip you off by replacing stuff you dont need
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

hrm my pederrs quote beats that

$1300 bucks worth of stuff needs to get repaired according to them! thats not including the parts that they cant source
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

mate they have fuked u round gem,ini's dont have struts
and dnt worry about bump stops
and new spring are about $150 a pair and all that othe shit can be done slowly

NEVER TRUST PEDDERS
clausen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

Dodgy Pedders,

Gemini's dont have struts. The shocks should be the same price front and rear. Just go to Autopro or whatever and get some monroes (Pedders are just monroes painted red anyway) and put them in yourself. Just a matter of undoing 2 nuts on each shock, and making sure you dont overtighten the top ones when u reinstall. 30 minutes max.
If the bumpstops have fallen to bits, try and find some in one piece at the wreckers. Springs arent too much, but fronts can be cunty to fit. Still possible to DIY tho, but be careful. There's something on replacing springs in the Workshop on this site I thought.

If your shocks are rooted this will make your car heaps better to drive, not to mention safer. If you're going to keep it a while it's worth doing.

Paul
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

my gemi does have struts. Its an RB. The bump stops are flaking they reckon, and that price wasnt for springs.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

should of told us peteymate
but i still reckon pedders suk
i got a quote to fix my car at over $2000 from them
ended up costing $1200
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

yeah i replaced my front shockers abou t2 months ago to sports rider and they did their rip off test
lets see
front
springs 10mm diff in height ----$160
link bushes worn in the sway bar $65
B/joints boots torn -------------$64
lower bushes are soft------------$88
steering gear-- rack worn =rack ends = rack mounts--$469+$27 for mounts

rear
shocks are soft $225
lateral arms--- panhard rod bushes worn ---$68

yes alot of money but i guess if you did it properly ie get lowered at the same time and get good bushes it would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

please tell me u didnt get someone to do ur bushes done?
cuase the prices are over kill
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

but mine is an RB, im positive mine are struts.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: im farked... is this too much? Reply with quote

nah i havn't even replaced them yet lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: