HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

jetting a 34 adm webber?.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bootcharGe
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: jetting a 34 adm webber?....... Reply with quote

i have been searching through the forum for jet sizes that i should use on my carby but i cant find anything usefull so can anyone help me?

my carby is a 34 acm webber straight off of an xf falcoon. and my engine is pritty much stock besides extractors. i just bolted the carby on last week when i changed the head and it goes way harder than the nikki carb, but it back fires alot when i change down through the gears, i'm pritty sure its running way too rich as its set up for a 4.1L. if any one has a rough guide to what size jetts may be better please help me out as i dont really have the $$$$ to get it dyno tuned or any thin like that.

cheerz
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: jetting a 34 adm webber?....... Reply with quote

Backfiring can sometime's mean a sticking valve...but u just changed the head so i cant se that as being a problem...hmmmmmmm.....
bootcharGe
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: jetting a 34 adm webber?....... Reply with quote

it isn't a bad backfire just a bit of an anoyance really and it doesnt happen all the time just occasionally popps when changing down, it does make it sound a bit tough but my car is so defectable i dont wanna draw that much extra attention to my self when i'm pullin up at the lights, anyway any help appreciated.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: jetting a 34 adm webber?....... Reply with quote

ok, with the adm, try getting the secondary jets outta a 32/36 [2 carbies, get stuffed ones, or "obtain" them thru friends], and putting in the jets and air correctors from the 32/36 into the adm. theyll be a bit oversize, being for a 36mm secondary, not a 34mm primary, but it should be ok.
[havent done it, but logic would dictate..]
either that or solder and re-drill the jets to suit..

on second thought, just ask ben wight or eggy, theyll tell you.

rob.
bootcharGe
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: how does this sound....? Reply with quote

thanks, sounds like that might be alright. or i might just try and get a set off drill bits.
i dont know much about carbies but from looking at a few set ups of 32/36 webbers i figure for my 34/34 if i redrill them to 140/145 for the main and 175/170 for the air corrector this might be allright.i dont mind if you correct me on this becouse like i said i know dick all about tuning carbies.
if any of you have actually used this carby on a gemmy i would be interested in hearing what set up you used.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: how does this sound....? Reply with quote

ok, i dont know about the actual jet sizes, but i will be running a 3.3ltr 34adm on a massivly ported manifold on my new g200. if the jetting is crap, ill post in RnD on the reccomended jet sizes for the 34adm weber.

i have used this carby once on a gem, but it was as a throttlebody in a gas setup, but when i had to run it on petrol in an emergency, it would idle, and run at full throttle only, otherwise itd' shit itself and not work.

this may be because it was jetted wrong, ot because i had the vacuum lines screwed up, i dunno. but the power was awesome when compared to the nikki...

to run one, you need the lynx adaptor plate [32/36] and 4 studs from the falcon manifold. the rest is self explanitory.
hope this helps,
rob.
bootcharGe
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: i have another problem. need help! Reply with quote

thanks for that man, i got an adaptor plate (redline i think) and the ford studs wouldnt fit it, they had a different thread. anyway i just made studs with a threaded rod. and bolted the carby on to the manifold and hooked everything up and it ran sweet just with the slight backfireing problem. i just was woundering what any one else had done with this carby. the only other problem i have is ocasionally when i park the car facing down hill and leave it for a few hours the secondary will start leaking after a while and flood into a cylender and make it imposible to start the car. i have checked the float and replaced the valve but from what i can see the fuel is coming in through the fuel return line. i just wanna fix this coz it is wasting a lot of petty, any sugestions? the carb has just had all new gasgets put in.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: i have another problem. need help! Reply with quote

its crude, but you cold try plugging the return lines, i mean its not like the carby would flood...at least it didnt with me...
are you using the 4.1 ltr jets? how did it go? lemme know ok?

rob.
bootcharGe
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: i have another problem. need help! Reply with quote

yea i had the same idea and i blocked the returnline off this mourning now no problems,

thanks for ya advice thoe, yea i am using the 4.1 jets. the carby is exactly the same as it came of of the xf falcoon, and it does run well on the 1.6, and supprisingly it is more economic and powerfull than the nikki was. i still am going to try out a few other sized jets when i get a chance, will let you know how i go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: