HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

more wires for cd player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: more wires for cd player Reply with quote

ok i picked up a new cd player
it got all the wires but theres one i dont know where it goes
theres the black (earth)which i kno wwhere it goes but it goes into a black box along with aviolet wire which isn't shown on the diagram so i was wondering where does it go?
thanx for any help
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: more wires for cd player Reply with quote

Theres no mention of it in the book??? Could be a power/line filter to stop line noise from the motor affecting your stereo. Generally these are either connected between your positive rail and negative, but i'd recommend speakin to a shop/the shop where ya bought it to be certain. Could just be another earth too to get a better connection, but does this other wire come out of the box too, or does just the black come out and both go in??? Generally speaking though its most likely a filter...
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: more wires for cd player Reply with quote

that wire could be anything. On my stock radio each wiree was a different colour even the + and - for each spker was different colours. On my new headunit i got yesterday, the power wire was yellow, and the remote wire was red, which seems as though its mixed up. The purple could be a telephone mute like mine, or a light dimmer like mine has too. Look up the model on the net, or go back to the shop, cos dont wire it up wihtout knowing what it is cos i might fry the head unit
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: more wires for cd player Reply with quote

worked it out
thanx for the help
the yellow wasn't power it was some antenna power and the purple was the power which is normaly yellow so yeah dodgy bastards using dodgy colours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: