HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

turboing stock motors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turbo_Gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: turboing stock motors Reply with quote

if u wanna turbo a stock type motor as i did, i have found that hypatec pistons work the best. i went thru many sets of duralites & stock pistons while sorting my car, but these pistons have copped the odd ping without cracking the skirts off like the other ones did, which are eutectic type cast pistons, the hypatecs (precision makes them) r hypereutectic hence the brand name. they are not that expensive either, around $200 a set including rings, the same as a set of duralites (acl makes them). p.s. the duralites r fine in a atmo motor. & by the way i`m running a 100 thou bored g161 with about 8.5 compression, stock early model head,mild cam and i`m using a rajay turbo pumping 16 psi in a suck thru carby setup, and running 18 degrees timing with a locked distributor. best et so far is 13.9 at a low 94 mph due to the carby running out of fuel in the bowl by the time i got to 4th gear. havnt dynoed it yet, but i will b before the jamboree. coxy
jono
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: turboing stock motors Reply with quote

coxy,
what did u do about ur dip stick?
i ran a piazza turbo and it sat 10mm above the damn thing.
ive been since thinkng bout moving it to the other side.
just wondering wat u did
cheers jono
Turbo_Gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: turboing stock motors Reply with quote

the adapter i made 2 mount the rajay turbo & the external gate moved the turbo far enuff away from the dipstick that it wasnt a prob..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: