HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Which Cam for my Gem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Which Cam for my Gem? Reply with quote

i want to get a cam for my gem, but don't know which one?

my specs are : STOCK G161.

yea, the block was perfect, new rings, main bearings, seals, the head was perfect to, the valve seats got just a little rub with cutting compound and thats it. i am going to get my carb reco'd to get bigger jets and shit very soon, spending about $250 on that, and might put on extractors and exhaust later on.

now, about the cam, which one should i get?

go to :

http://www.crowcams.com.au/templates/Catalogue-Gemini-OHC.shtml

it will be either the torqe or mild performance for standard engines, but which one, i don't know yet?

when it says 1800 to 5500 for the torqe cam ,does that mean i just won't rev past 5500, or it's not exactly worth it, better to wack in the next gear.

and as for the mild performance cam, will that be a shitter when just takin it easy and being kind to the engine?

any comments appreciated.
thanx. chris.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Which Cam for my Gem? Reply with quote

I e-mailed Crow Cams a fare few months back about their cam selection, thet said that the mild performance cam is the most popular grind for general street use and had a reasonable power gain to help win a few street races.
Jasyn...
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Which Cam for my Gem? Reply with quote

does ure car still go as good as it did with the standard cam in the lower rev range? and i can't remember takin my gem past 6,000 so i should go for the torqe 1.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Which Cam for my Gem? Reply with quote

Why not, it would be good for burnouts aswell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: