HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Piazza Engine Conversion (Again)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Piazza Engine Conversion (Again) Reply with quote

Hey,
I know there's been quite a few posts on this topic, and I've read through pretty much all of them, but I just need a little help. I mean, would it really be worth it.

All questions concern my 1978 TX Gemini Coupe.

I can get a full working 1989 Piazza turbo for $450 (or less). I'm pretty sure, after some research, that this has the 4ZC1-T engine, which is 2lt turbo. Apparantly the G series engines are bolt in, but what about these. Would I be able to fit it in with out too much hassle, having to beat anything with a hammer(Razz) or change mounts, etc? And Would I be able to use the 4 speed gearbox still, as the one in this car (the piazza) is auto.

I would also get the rear diff from this car too, is it much hassle to shorten it? anyone got any ideas on expenses of this conversion (both engine and diff)?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. Leon.
MyTXisSlow
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza Engine Conversion (Again) Reply with quote

hey, this isnt an answer to your question, but i am interested to hear the reply, becuase i have a 76 TX sedan and am interested in knowing what i can do to give it a bit of a kick in the balls.
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza Engine Conversion (Again) Reply with quote

I ahve tg gemini with holden piazza in it.
The first thing i had to do was get a dizzy mount plate out of the holden shuttle (same engine just non-turbo) so you dont have to modify the heat shield. Your 4 speed my not last long with power running though it. I have 5 speed seems to only just hold the power. you will need to invest in very heavy duty or brass button clutch (have just got a sprung loaded brass button its just like a normal clutch)
It uses the normal gemi engine mounts. May need to invest in an auto tail shaft And have yolks modified to suit manual Cause engine sits about an inch closser to the front.
If you want more info email me:
bibblie@hotmail.com
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza Engine Conversion (Again) Reply with quote

mytxisslow: ive got a 2.6L rodeo engine, box and computer for $1500 NO OFFERS.

piazza turbo=101kw
rodeo=110kw
MyTXisSlow
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza Engine Conversion (Again) Reply with quote

good condition? go hard? where are you located? im in melbourne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: