HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Question regarding my amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject: Question regarding my amp Reply with quote

ok ill put it to u expert's out there..youze guy's r a great help...

I have a pioneer 4 channel amp that i would like some help with..on both channel a and channel b it has a lpf,hpf and off...what does this do?...secondly it's got bass boost and it has a level and freq switch...0-+12db and 40hz-120hz..what do these do and what's a decent setting?....and gain to what is that???input select..if i wanna bridge it do i have it on 2channel or 4 channel?......

Cheer's guy's i know it's a hell of a lot of question's sorry...

Regard's Brendan
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Question regarding my amp Reply with quote

hpf = high pass filter which allows ONLY the high frequencys to be heard and cuts all the bass out, this is good for when using it speakers so they dont distort

lpf = low pass filter which allows ONLY bass to be heard and is used only for use on subs.

bass boost would be used to boost the amount of bass at those frequencies. If u ahve a good sub, put it on +12db and around 40-60hz area. It will make the bass sound a lot punchier

bridging is where u put all the power of the amp into 4, 2, 3 or 1 channel. 4 channel amps can be usually bridged to 2 or 3 channels, and 2 channel amps can be bridged to 1 channel. It all dpeneds what u are using the amp for to what settings u set on the amp.

Pete
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Question regarding my amp Reply with quote

Thanx pete..sorry but i ahev one more question 4 ya...on the back of my head unit i haev an rca preout..a white and red plug..now with this amp i will be hooking up my pionerr 300w 4way 6x9's and my sub....i have 3 rca thing's on my amp...output L and R...channel A red white input and Channel B red white input...tehse do what..and what one do i hook up with the plug in my head unit with my rca lead's..

Thanx so much it's alot to answer and especially when u cat see the amp..thanx heaps...

Regard's..Bredan
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Question regarding my amp Reply with quote

they are to get the sound from ur head unit to ur amp. If u only have one set of RCA's from the head unit, u will need to buy some splitters that will split each output into two so u can plug it into the amp properly.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Question regarding my amp Reply with quote

the output red and white is to daisy chain sevral amps ie out from headunit into channel A (or with splitters into channels a & B) and the for a second amp from output red and white into channel A on amp 2 and so on and so on.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: