HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Problem with 87 gemini
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msmith
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

Ok first I will say I know very little about cars.
I have a manual 87 sl/x gemini, the front wheel drive one with the isuzu engine. Anyway I have this problem where i'll be driving on the freeway and the car will just start jolting like and ill lose speed, sometimes I can just slow down a bit a start accelarating back to 100 again and it will be ok but other times I have to pull over and take off again. Sometimes even after I stop and pull out once I get to about 80 -90 it will start doing it again.

It can be simulated by taking your foot off and on the accelerator really fast like the car is jolting.

It only happens when:
Im on the freeway going at least 80
Seems to happen more often going up inclines on the freeway

It is like not enough fuel is getting to the engine. Last year my dad took it to some mechanic he knows, replaced the exhaust because it was stuffed and maybe it wasnt expelling the fumes properly. It didnt happen for another 2 months. Then it happened, took it back and he replaced the fuel pump. Now its about a year later and it started happening again. Took it to the mechanic but he drove it and nothing happened. The problem is that it is so intermittent. It may only happen once in 2 weeks but then that one time it happens I have to pull over about 3 times on the freeway to get home.

Anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this?
Thanks,
Mark
ALLWAYS_BANNED
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU CAR IS SH_T
msmith
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>YOU CAR IS SH_T

Heh, obviously I am going to get a lot of help from these forums. Oh yeah the fuel filter was replaced last year, so I am not sure if it could be stuffed agian already.
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

well for starters your car is an RB gemini, same as mine. Your problem could be many things. The best thing to do is to take your car to another mechanic. A good one will listen to what u ahve to say, not just take it for a drive and then say nothing is wrong. Try changing all your filters, spark plugs and leads and see if that makes a difference. Even if they arent the problem it is best to replace them when u can anyway. The air filters for these cars are dear about $60 each i got quoted so i went and got a custom sports one made for $80 so it was worth the extra little bit.

As for u thinking its lacking fuel, it could well be that, but in my experience with this sort of stuff, the car will just slow down not jolt like u said. Its like the cylinders arent firing or something which could mean u might need a new distributor, new alternator or new distributor cap or spark leads or soemthing like that. My best advice is to take it to another mechanic.

by the way where are you from, not many people have RBs here, and the people that do dont say it, cos some people are dicks and try to say that RBs arent geminis.

anyway hope this helps.

Pete
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

shut up u fking tool, at least his post isnt about fking simple shit like some of the tools here. He has a prob and has came for help. Better than half the fking bevans asking stupid shit that has already been answered a hundred times. Get over it
msmith
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

Thanks for the help pete.

>by the way where are you from, not many people have RBs
>here, and the people that do dont say it, cos some people
>are dicks and try to say that RBs arent geminis.

Im from Melbourne. Haha really? I don't really care cos I'm not that into cars. I just got it off someone I know for $1800 and had only done 115,000 kms.
ALLWAYS_BANNED
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

UR A DIK MAN, IF U DON'T KNOW JACK SH_T ABOUT CARS WHY THE FU
NEXT TO ASK YOUR MUM. SHE WILL PROBALY KNOW MORE SH_T THAN U.
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

whatever u tool, u dont always know a lot about cars, there is a stage when everyone learns isnt their. I think u are in that stage and not doing so well in learning how not to be a fukwit
ALLWAYS_BANNED
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

WHY DON'T LEAVE UR BOYFRIEND A ALONE U FUKWIT, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM HE IS SH_T
msmith
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

>WHY DON'T LEAVE UR BOYFRIEND A ALONE U FUKWIT, IT'S NOT MY
>PROBLEM HE IS SH_T

You are clearly not old enough to have a license.
ALLWAYS_BANNED
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

UR DAD IS UR LICENSE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MyTXisSlow
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

hallo you maggot infested vaginal bloodfart sucking semen encrusted fly-blow arsehole, why dont u just shut the fuck up, this guy came here for help, and if you have nothing productive to input then fuck off to some ford forums, but leave these ones alone, you give aussies a bad name you cocksmoking fuck.

anywho, onto the problem at hand (the other one):

i had a similar problem with my tx, it was losing speed all of a sudden (no jolting though), and i would have to pull over and remove the fuel cap because i thought it was a lack of fuel getting through because of a vaccuum, anyways, it turned out that both the clutch was stuck closed, therefore it was running rich, blowin kinda black, losing speed, and also, i had to have one of the gemmy aircleaners put on with the winter/summer switch to allow warm air to be sucked into it via a mounting plate and pipe on the exhaust. since fixing these problems, my car has run more beautifully than ever.

cheers,
Ash.
ALLWAYS_BANNED
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

EXPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE ME
msmith
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply ash.
My uncle actually suggested removing the fuel cap because of the vacuum but I did it when it happened once and it didn't fix it =(

Its really strange cos sometimes I can just slow down a bit and resume accelerating and everything is ok but then other times its not. If i remember correctly it seems to happen more often when its hot as well.
ALLWAYS_BANNED
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with 87 gemini Reply with quote

HOW ABOUT GET ANOTHER CAR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: