HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Bolt On Big Boys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyTXisSlow
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Bolt On Big Boys Reply with quote

can any of you tell me which engines can be dropped straight into a 76 tx sedan, and also whether or not i need a new diff and what not with it? also, if anybody has any good ways of giving my gemmy a good kick in the balls apart from putting a genIII 5.7L in, it would be appreciated.
RailX.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bolt On Big Boys Reply with quote

g161/g180 : mild rebore, with cam, extractors and webber. Fit a older big valve head to the g180 to up the compression.

g200 : More tourque down low, do the same mods cam/extractors/webber and you've got a nice motor for the street. Won't rev as hard as the g180's but still a good motor for the torque.

g200W/g180W : Twincam motors 2L and 1.8L, quick, most drop straigt in. Fuel injected, The 2L puts out 100kw+ stock a decent aftermarket fuel computer may even pump out a few more. The 2L is very good for the street, torquey and powerful down low.

You will also need a twincam box or at least bellhousing and jam a stock gemini 5 speed into that.

Chances are you will also need a front brake upgrade in order to pass rego with this engine. Just gemini spares in SA make a kit tht is 100% legal or you could use the piazza disc brake setup on the front.. I think.

The diff should be fine, unless u want an LSD or something.

Rodeo Series of motors : I don't have much experience with these but I do believe there is a 2.4 carby version, 2.6 injected version and a 2.6 injected turbo version. However I think some modifications need to be done to get it in properly. I've seen the 2.6 turbo done and it looked f#$%%in awesome. Dunno what was required to get it in there though.

Personally I'd go the g200 if you were on a budget and just want a nice streeter with some grunt. If you want something that will rev harder, go a g180 and work it a bit.
MyTXisSlow
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bolt On Big Boys Reply with quote

cheers dude. im in victoria, any tips on where to start looking in the area for people who could help me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: