HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Carby Upgrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemsta
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Carby Upgrade Reply with quote

What do you think about a carby upgrade for a gemini using a twin barrel stromberg WW as i might take part in such a project. Does anyone know if this has been done before.

I look forward to hearing your feed back

Andrew
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Carby Upgrade Reply with quote

hey andrew i dont really trhink anyone has tried this conversion. The WW stromberg is off many old holdens ranging from the 161 to the 253 holden and was even found on fords.

The nikki if you read your manual is the based on the WW. The only difference is the WW is a non stepped two barrel carby IE both barrels open at the same time.

The bolt hole have to be ground out a lil to fit the gemini manifold but u use the same gasket if u like or get the stromberg one.

The only prob i can see atm is the cable holder and how it hoolks to the throttle linkage and the jets in the stromberg. hopefully the nikki jets fit str8 in.

if the manifold was off the car it might also be a good idea to remove the centre chunk of metal to allow for easy flow of fuel and air.

Hopefully all goes well
Gemsta
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Carby Upgrade Reply with quote

Yes i already know that i have to grind out the centre chunk of metal from the manifold as this will increase the fuel/air flow and this will allow the new carby to operate at it's best thanx for the feed back and i hope it goes well also

Andrew
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Carby Upgrade Reply with quote

no worries
skippy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Carby Upgrade Reply with quote

G'day Andrew

Yes the twin barrel stromberg has be done it you more power then a weber and its looks good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: