HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Front Speaker Woes...suggestions please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Front Speaker Woes...suggestions please Reply with quote

ok i got all my custom parcel shelf happnin so that is all good. BUT. i cant decide on how to mount my front speakers,ok these are the ideas that i have had so far and the reasons i have decided no.
#1 cut out door skins - no because sl/e coupe door trims are hard to find and i dont want to cut mine up.
#2 make pods for doors - no because they will get in the way.
#3 put them in the kick panel - no because the hole that is in the panel already is not deep enough and they will earth out.
#4 put em in the top part of the kick panels - no because i will have to cut holes in the factory tin work which i dont want to do.
#5 dont put em in at all - no cos the stereo sounds crap without them.
PLEASE HELP WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS i am stumped
thanks
baz
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Front Speaker Woes...suggestions please Reply with quote

maybe under the dash or seats or somewhere? i got 6 8 inch 250 watt subs in the car itself. 2 under both front seats, 2 in the doors on pods and the back doors too and i got 6x9s in the back parcel shelf.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Front Speaker Woes...suggestions please Reply with quote

these are my door pods b4 i cut the speakers into it, they house lanza 5.75 splits. they dont get in the way at all

http://groups.msn.com/nismogemini/stereoinstall.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=30
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Front Speaker Woes...suggestions please Reply with quote

all i can say is to get them done custom in ur doors..........and they wont be in the way...........i got them in mine and they not in the way cause i got them done pro..........trust me man im 6 foot 5 and i drive a gemi and they not in the way
Mr DOHC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Speaker Woes...suggestions please Reply with quote

dont be afraid to cut up ya door trims. they arent worth anything. CUT EM UP DUDE haha! its heaps better.
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Speaker Woes...suggestions please Reply with quote

just put them in the door. If u do decide to put them in the doors, its best to use pods and cut the hole behind them. It will give better sound and they mighnt fit without pods becuase the window mightnt allow u to put them ina ll the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: