HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

why wont my car start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: why wont my car start Reply with quote

ok heres the prob in normal weather cold or warm it will start but the other day after school when it was hot it wouldn't start in the end i had to have the pedal to the floor to start it any ideas
could it be i just need a service
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: why wont my car start Reply with quote

if u had the pedal to the floor you would have ended up flooding it. But i dont know why it wouldnt start. Have u tried all the ignition coil etc.? Hows the battery? Have u serviced the carby?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: why wont my car start Reply with quote

baterys fine
all connections loked good
i gave it a few goes before with no luck with like hardly any gas just normal lightly on the pedal then wiat and try again in the end i was like this is shit floored it and tryed and it spluttered a bit and just started and yeah mmm smelt liek a alot of petrol
lol
but yeah it seams to only do it when its really hot
no i havn't done anything to the carby or anything
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: why wont my car start Reply with quote

Probably a decent tune would fix the problem. Mixtures, timing, dwell angle etc. Coils can be a bit tempremental like that also...
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: why wont my car start Reply with quote

I like ice cream
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: why wont my car start Reply with quote

thats what i was thinking just get if fully serviced
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: why wont my car start Reply with quote

i also had this prob in my tx, it wouldnt start when it was sittin in the hot sun all day, a full service didnt help, there was fuel in the carby and all leads were ok. it must be a simple prob just no one has looked into yet. and the motor was fully stock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: