HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Turbo's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:03 am    Post subject: Turbo's Reply with quote

Hey guys. Im just starting to research Turbo's. What would be classified as a small turbo (what units are used to measure this?). How much extra power will I get.I just want some guide lines so I know what I'm looking for. I have a G200 in my car. Will I need to get it engineered again after I put a turbo on it? Any info or links you can give me would be appreciated.
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo's Reply with quote

Try http://www.howstuffworks.com/ has a lot of general info on most stuff, the housings (turbine/compressor) are what determines the size of the turbo, the extra power you get depends on boost levels and so many other extra things to give a good idea, you could expect 15% to 20% upwards, depending on your setup. Also depending on what you're looking for depends on your selection too, big power means big turbo, but downside is more lag, smaller turbo comes on boost earlier but you won't get the same peak figures, you need to give more info on what exactly you want to get out of it, also people in the industry can tell you what would be best suited to your application, make sure you know what you're lookin for but, most of em get pretty pissed if you waste their time, hope that helps...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo's Reply with quote

anything with a exhaust housing thinggy less tahan .5 would be considered small,
i have a t28 for sale, there a medeoka size turbo. the most populare on street cars
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo's Reply with quote

Hey Gene. How much do you want for it? Will it go on a G200? Is it the whole set up ready to bolt on? Will I need to get the car engineered again to make it legal? How much extra power will it give me? How hard is it to hook up? What else will I need to do to the car (will I need new brakes, drive shaft, diff, efi etc)? Can you run the turbo with twin webbers?
Sorry for all the questions mate but thanks for the info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: