HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TURBO REBUILD HOW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: TURBO REBUILD HOW? Reply with quote

ok now i know shit all bout turbos so if u can make it simple id appreciate k. i recently scored a mitsubishi co6 outa a cordia turbo and was wonderin how id go about given it a spruce up i also got the cordia seats Wink so yeah if u can help me appreciated and how hard will it be to put it on a stock as a rock gem
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO REBUILD HOW? Reply with quote

The best and easiest way for you to do a conversion would be to take the car and turbo to a workshop and ask them to do a turbo installation for you, and say if the turbo is stuffed, to reco it aswell.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO REBUILD HOW? Reply with quote

how much does that cost?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO REBUILD HOW? Reply with quote

f$%@ed if I know, but I would bet money that in the long run, it will be cheaper and much less hassles than trying to do anything yourself if you haven't done it before.

Try buying a decent turbo to begin with, for example, I picked up a T03 from VL turbo, for $350, and have been using it for years, was in great nick, bargains are around.
Sean85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: TURBO REBUILD HOW? Reply with quote

what sort of turbo would suit a 1600 fully worked , 3000-7000 cam , flat tops, heavy duty valves, shaved ported and polished jus reco 9,000 km extractors, sid draft weber, fully balanced bottom end, brass button clutch exetra exetra. i am seriously think about it thanks. Sean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: