HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help, if you know

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rimzum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: help, if you know Reply with quote

k... just wondering would a 2.6 rodeo fit into a gem without any conversion work...i doubt it but just wanna make sure and what about a rodeo 5 sp, would that fit? id probably need a new drivshaft tho ey?
also, its a long shot, but you reckon i could fit a blue 202 in there???
any other ideas about what i should bung in my engine bay??
what are the most common 2 lt engines ppl chuck in gemmis from originally?
these questions must be answered...
wez
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

how about u stop posting the same shit over and over it gets boring dickhead
use search function
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

youd be doing alright to fit a straight six in there without any 'conversion work'
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

why would you want to put a 202 in it??

go the FJ20 SR20 CA18DET GENIII or the EJ20, all need a few mods but would be worth it...
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

although why youd want to fit a blue 202 in there doesnt make a great deal of sense,listen to MR_GEMI, he be a man of great wisdom
PUNK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

Has any of you ever considered a V8. Been looking at this for a while as I had a motor that came out of a rod i bought. Early Rovers had Alloy block 3.8litre v8s. There is a lot of after market shit to make these go quick. It would present no weight problems as probably weigh no more than the standard motor. Gearbox may be a probelm. Would this size motor fit under NSW rego laws. I think it would go close. Does anyone know if anyone has done this.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

I've seen a 2.6 turbo conversion done.

It was pretty.

The easiest 2Litre to put in is a g200. Run this with a few mods and you will get good power.

Go for a g200 twincam if you want a bit more potential.
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

the earlyer 2.6 rodeo engine is slightly to tale for the engine bay but 4zd1 rodeo is a better fit but it is feul injection so it is personal prefrence to what you want. i have holden piazza in my gemini and it is a great engine the 4z series engines are reliable. the 5 speed of the g200 bolt straight on to the 161 engine.
rimzum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

cos theyre cheap
rimzum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

how about you stop waiting for the second post to respond fuckhead
rimzum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

where do i get a g200?? what car does it come from?
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: help, if you know Reply with quote

the g200 is out of the 1986 holden rodeo it just a 2lt version of the 161 it looks exactly the same to look at as the 161. it just has 200 written on the side of the block. the gemini head bolts on to it.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: PUNK's POST Reply with quote

the alloy rover v8s are 3.5 l arent they!?!?!? thats wat i thought
my dad had a rangie and that was alloy 3.5L V8, and there is a black 78 celica in street machine, about 2 yrs ago i think , thats got the rover v8 in it (3.5L), that is regod in nsw, and engineered etc, but he went through alot of shit to get it done, he had so many engineering probs, like he crakd the chasis or somethin at eastern creek, anyway, it can be done if u got the $$$, anything can be done if u got enuf $$$ and yeah, theyll fit, if it fit in celica it can fit in a gem
rimzum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: PUNK's POST Reply with quote

yeh well i dont have enuff $$$ got any other suggestions about something a bit cheaper...?? just something that will fit thats not a stocko or 2l gemmi eng.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: