HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

lowed springs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigballs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:24 am    Post subject: lowed springs Reply with quote

I have a TG gemmi and i put 2 inch superlows in then got 15" wheels now its nilly back to standard hight.
is custom lows the only way to go?
bluedevil
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

Just get'em cut with the old grinder every one told it could be dangerous with the springs popping out but is hasn't yet and I throw my gem around like a rag doll on the streets and thats also with 3and half coils cut out thats about 5 inches lower than stock I also have 15's on wid low profiles and nothing bad has happen yet just doit to an old set of springs a see what u think
Later
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

chopping springs is baad mkay
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

damn..
1) chopped springs are illegal. You stack = no insurance.
2) nothings happend to him YET, i could sit here and juggle knives, nothing will happen for a while, but eventually ill cut myself.
3) Ive read through other threads that they cause all sorts of structural cracking through the boot area

those are the only reasons i have at the moment, please feel free to add more.

-dave
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: lowered springs Reply with quote

sell your springs to someone else, cut your losses and buy a lower set.in nsw, jax suspension are supplied by hunter suspension and they custom make springs to your requirements, shop around.cheers
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

Don't cut em you will end up with a shit ride. you need to find a place that will resize them for you. Where are you?
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

Has anybody tried heating the springs up with a welding torch? Apparently this works aswell as an alternative to cutting the springs.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

wont that make a weaker spot? probably not but a thought anyway
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

sounds like it would make a weak spot so u might as well just cut em neway.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

this has been a road safety message from the yobbos and traffic authority (YTA)
MeTeOrA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

dude i cut my springs it looked hell tough but was the shittest ride in the world. you can get your springs pressed to just about any size you want, i did it it cost something like $70 per spring i think. Don't know where it was done a mate took em in had his done at the same time
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

why cut already lowered springs. that would be just fukd!
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

if u want a good ride outta chopped springs buy some that are stronger than gemi ones becasue there to soft. i run commonwhores all round and the ride is basically like super low king springs.
MrSHADOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

I once ran chopped spring out of a HQ 1 Tonner, my kidneys hated me for it too Smile
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: lowed springs Reply with quote

haha yeah i ran V8 HQ's for about half a year and nobody wanted to sit in my car hahahha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: