HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Lots of questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Lots of questions Reply with quote

Hey all, its been a good week. It only took 18 months, but the wagon is on the road and running well. However I have some general questions about things to do with the gem.
a) There is a humm comming through my stereo ($15 head unit running through a good amp and a box speaker) and I'm wondering how to get rid of it. It sounds fine when the engine isn't running.
b) People talk about putting celica radiators into gems. Which model celica and do they come with an overflow bottle, cowling for the fan and about how many $$$?
c) Just out of curiosity, is it the same carby on the G200 as the G161?

These are just a few things that people I ask don't seem to know, so any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Greg.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lots of questions Reply with quote

a) check if you have a white noise supresion thing on your alternator.
b) ra 40 and ta 40 and all other celicas the same shape, those are the radiators that fit in a gem. some have overflow bottles.
c)not sure
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Lots of questions Reply with quote

Thanks man, that's something I'll have to check.

One other thing I forgot, how far can you safely advance the timing? I've set it to 10 deg BTDC but dad reckons I'lll get more power if I advance it some more. What are your thoughts? Cheers, Greg.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lots of questions Reply with quote

1)spud was probably correct, but if that didnt work, make sure your rca and your power cables are a good distance apart. mine did the same thing, so i ran them along opposite sides of the car and it went away.cheers
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lots of questions Reply with quote

i run fifteen - or maybe a slight touch over easy. depends on what extra gear your running on the motor too. go the gregs!
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lots of questions Reply with quote

Thanks for the help fellas. Before I rip up the new carpet to reposition the wires (they are about 30cm apart) I might try one of those noise suppressors (another $20-$30)) and adjust my timing a bit more. Greg's rule!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: