HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

off road gemi buggy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:49 am    Post subject: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

me and my mates are seriously thinking about making one and i suggested using gemi bits as for there easy to get and ive got connections in the gemi part game Smile anyway has anybody here built one b4?????? if so i would like to have a talk to ya
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

Have never built one, but sign me up for the project team, my uni exams finish in two weeks
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

something like the monster in the back of Street Machine, issue with the XY standing on the back wheels?
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

i wil be in on helping with it!!! Smile i will be finished tafe in 6 weeks and free of assignments for the rest of my life hahahaha
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

Hi Yobbo! I would like to help out too. I come with MIG and angle grinder (to cut out my mistakes hehe)
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

Just a few ideas???

http://www.offroad.au.com/mudbash2001/GeneralPhotoGallery.cfm
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

yeah i used a rolled tc i cut the roof off then welded a full roll cage in after i noticed it start to bow in the middle sandwich the floor between 2 bits of rhs on each
side and attach the cage to that, the rear was held up by torana shocks and stock springs with 6 inches of kingswood coils welded to each one, it had stock wheels with chain wraped around them , exhaust was a straight pipe out the
side, bullbar was welded to bumpermounts with braces up each side gaurd i also had a fiat electric fan hooked up
because it over heated doing slow work carry an endless chain with ya cause it got stuck a few times against trees
in drains etc

if you wanted a full on buggy you could
strip al the panels off or something i was thinking about it before mine died , the bull bar was all right but the rest of the front end wasn't brocken springs wishbones etc
all up it cost $120 dollars including tralier hire when i bought it

good luck

ps it would be a shitload easir to just make a chaisis
and use gemi runin gear
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

tah your last tip is goin to be used. we are goinf to use the gemi motor,box, stering colum and the front bits. and the rear we will probly get something wit IRD maybe a dato 1600 rear end. might get a trubo to(hint hint gene. we are goin to make the frame outta fencing pipe(god bless my dad)Smile and it all should be sweet
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: off road gemi buggy Reply with quote

wicked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: