HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Does Any1 know?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:28 am    Post subject: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

I had no response last time I asked but I'll try again.

Does anyone know for sure whether the use of the diesel gemini crossmember, engine mounts, gearbox mounts and tailshaft make a 4Z C1/D1/E1 clear the firewall and make the gearbox etc sit in the correct position?

Cheers.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

i am not sure but i remeber a sectipon on this before. It may help in the install and shit but bext to uss it out
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

Someone had mentioned it quite a while ago in regards to a piazza conversion, but has since disappeared from the forums. I would like to know before I go and buy the parts.
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

Look in R&D. Turbo Gem posted under piazza conversion on the second page. There is another way of getting around knocking the firewall back, that is by getting rid of the distributor. Im doin this soon. Im getting a Microtech MTX8, and using 4 seperate coils. I just have to do a bit more research on the crank angel sensor. I'll do a big workshop article in the near future (if you guys want).
wont be done 4 a few months tho.
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

microtec = poo, haltec= good Smile
microtec has 4 tuning points and the haltec has 36!! hmmm hehehehe
why wouldnt u wannabash the fire wall!!! u want the engin as fare back as posable (center of gravity rule) beter hangleing. if u move forward it will cause understeer.
im with PSI, bash the wall u lazy shit Very Happy hehehe
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

I have to agree, I'd be looking at moving the engine further BACK not further forward, keep moving it back until something gets in the way, move/remove/modify whatever is in the way, keep moving it back until something else gets in the way, move/remove/modify that.. repeat until the #4 sparkplug is level with the bottom of the windscreen in plan view.
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

The wall is bashed already in the car that it is currently in, but there still isn't much clearance + the heater blower cover needs reshaping to fit.

The engine will be moving to a new body, so before I go messing with the firewall I'm looking into the diesel gear idea.
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

repeat until the #4 sparkplug is level with the bottom of the windscreen in plan view.

lol. hehehehe
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Any1 know? Reply with quote

NAH not even. for the sake of 10 minutes with a hammer Smile (a big one) the hangeling wil be MUCH beter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: