HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine crap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Engine crap Reply with quote

I have been getting wild ideas about puttin ain engine in me gem. what would you guys recommend? some choices are an sr20, vg30det i think it is? or a vt v6 or i might even go mad like leroy and upsize the engine....454 big block lol.
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine crap Reply with quote

i was about to buy a vg20et, same as the vg30det but its a 2 liter and only single cam. 175hp stock. but i decided to go the fj20 Smile but i recon if i "turned the clock back" a month i should have bought the vg20et. only thing that stoped me was the extra $700+ in the insurence quote with a 4 turbo and a 6 turbo lol
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine crap Reply with quote

There was thi article back in one of these commodore magazines about replacing the engines and there is a quad cam all alloy v8 in there and it was called a vg....something or rather. i might have a go at that
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine crap Reply with quote

personally i wouldnt go with a v8. you have a gemini weighing about 1000kg and your looking at putting a heavy v8 in it? not a vise decision. you would get a much quicker car by putting an SR,FJ20det in it because of the power to weight ratio.

10k on a turbo car=10 sec 1/4 mile
10k on a v8=mild head work and a cam.
i know what i would be choosing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: