HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Twin side draft webbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Twin side draft webbers Reply with quote

I just picked up twin 40mm side draft webbers with the manifold for 30 bucks. I was wondering does any one know much about fitting them because they don't fit in with out mods to the brake fluid resivour. Thanks
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin side draft webbers Reply with quote

Looks like you'll be chasing a TX remote brake resovior set-up. They're normally necessary to fit twin sidies, check the 4 sale forum to see if someone is selling one. More than likely Elky might have what you're chasing.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Twin side draft webbers Reply with quote

I used a reservoir from a Mitsubishi L300. Its bracket fits nicely onto the fuel filter bracket of the Gem. I had an adaptor plate made up for the master cylinder. I think Eggy has some photos of his setup too. My photos are at users.bigpond.net.au/CuGem.
Cheers
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin side draft webbers Reply with quote

and if you cant get em to fit i will give you 50 bucks for em. he he he
Sean85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin side draft webbers Reply with quote

i got a side draft webber on my gem and all i had to do was move the brake fluid contaners, i sittuated them on the metal square plate next the the radiator on the left, put the hose from then to the spot where it was in the first place and u should be set. ps you should notice the differance in power big time, i know i did.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Twin side draft webbers Reply with quote

TE diesel sedan.. i have them in my wagon and they work better than the TX remote.. and its a straight bolt in!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Twin side draft webbers Reply with quote

Thanks i heard about a similar setup i think this will be the way i go. More power i hope so.
superstardj18
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin side draft webbers Reply with quote

u should get down draft webbers and a custom maniflod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: