HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

EFI computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: EFI computer Reply with quote

planning on getting a Mt4 for my twincam so i can tune it better.

at the same time when i was looking up prices i noticed that a fuel + ignition computer is a few hundred more.

i take it having control of ignition would be a definate plus

question is what sort of car could i steal the electronic ignition setup off to use with a Mt8 for example?
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI computer Reply with quote

Try a Kenworth KA9800 7L v8, i herd they go well with twin cams but make sure you get the 1978 version or it wont work.
if you are in adelaide go to city truck dismantelers and they should hel you out.

TUFF_TE
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI computer Reply with quote

when you buy a new Microtech MT-x computer you will get a basic program installed by the dealer to sute your engine type. mine came from a 13b with throttle body ill have to reprogram mine myself from the 13b settings.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: