HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

EFI Microtech mt4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: EFI Microtech mt4 Reply with quote

Had anyone had anything to do with a or own microtech MT4 efi computer.. just bought one and going to put it on next weekend. like to know if there was any problems when installing. im planing to do the hole job in a afternoon.

Nick
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Microtech mt4 Reply with quote

hope u know a bit about wiring then Smile lol im leaving mine to redcliff dyno.
but from what ui have heard it will take a 1st timer a whole day or 2 to get the whole job done.
are u gonna get it dyno tuned? or just a hit and miss tune?
cheers
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Microtech mt4 Reply with quote

lucky for me i know the wiring took about two hours to position the wires and tape the loom came to a total of 8 legs (only name i could think of)injectors,TPS,coolent temp,coil/dissy,batt,earth,oyxgen sensor,fuel pumps..
umm its going to be a hit and miss tune.thats the only hard bit i think ill have. i am hoping someone else has done it before that may have some secrets.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Microtech mt4 Reply with quote

I'm not sure but I think that computer comes with a fuel map for the isuzu twin cam engines.

So if you running a twincam it should be relatively easy to get it up and running sweet.

I've just ripped out my crap delco system and should be getting one of these soon.
RedTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: MT4 wiring Reply with quote

haha,

Gettin them to do the wiring?? forget that

good ol "flog on"

and i bet he charges the world to get that stuff installed

good luck though
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MT4 wiring Reply with quote

redTG Mr know it all hehe. hay carlos *waves
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Microtech mt4 Reply with quote

soop: anyway of finding that out for sure???

cause if they do i'll buy one tomorrow

1.8l and 2.0l ???
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Microtech mt4 Reply with quote

I have an MTX8, which is very similar, but installing it in one day, thats a bit optimistic.

It might take a couple of days, depends on the quality of the install though.

BTW, you can do a rough tune with a narrow band oxy sensor on the highway.

Ben Wight
RedTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: "RedTG officially banned" Reply with quote

Defamatory lies have no place on this forum redTG.

Steve, the IP he posted from was 202.138.40.77 if that happens to be of any use should you pursue legal action.
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: ????????????????? Reply with quote

i just asked him and he said there goin well, and there not bankrupt
dynosteve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Subject removed by administrator Reply with quote

Don't know where you get your so called information redtg but you obviously have your head up your arse, and can't see the real world for shit. For the record putting things like your post out in a public domain for all to see can have you sued. And yes i have copied this post for record.
And to set the record straight for everyone else we are travelling very well.(except for in this other guys mind)
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: EFI Microtech mt4 Reply with quote

Well the guy that will be installing mine said had previously done one on another gem with a twincam and yes it did have a fuel map for those engines.

I don't think he even had to tune it after install, just load the program, turn the key and it was running sweet.

I'm definetaly getting one, just need the cash Smile

Yes, 1.8 and 2.0 I'd ASSUME.. but it would be worth checking to be 100% sure.
dynosteve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: "RedTG officially banned" Reply with quote

Thanks very much,
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Subject removed by administrator Reply with quote

:S
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: EFI Microtech mt4 Reply with quote

the mt4 is very simple.....ive installed every thing in the car just have to put on the injection manifold and plug in the injectors.mt4 has no timing functions only injectors,temp,air temp,oxygen,fuel pump,TPS,and battery connection.took me 2 hours to setup and tape the loom and about 3 hours to run through the car and install the primer pump,swerl tank and efi pump.maybe another 3 to 4 hours to fit the manifold and crossover pipe (turbo). dont know how long it will take to tune.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: