HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

4 speed reverse on the left?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pimpin_col
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: 4 speed reverse on the left? Reply with quote

i got a 4 speed i na wrecked TX, the reverse is not up in the top right its down in the bottom left is this standard TX? or is this an import box? or differnt ratio>?
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 speed reverse on the left? Reply with quote

i think european cars have em like that, coz i know a VW beetle has it in the left, and so do some alfa romeos.

chris.
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 speed reverse on the left? Reply with quote

top right and bottem left ??WTF al the 4 speed gems iv driven have had revers in the bottom right, (same as the 5 speed)
why is there 3 diff boxes?
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: 4 speed reverse on the left? Reply with quote

theres nothing special about the box its just an early tx 4spd, the gearbox is the same as used in the old isuzu belettes (not spelt right i dont think) the late tx's came out with the other 4spd with reverse right and down i think. on the early box the mounts are about 70mm further foward than on late boxes but the ratios are all the same.
hope that helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: