HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

87mm bore on 1600..any1 got proof/engine lasted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:49 am    Post subject: 87mm bore on 1600..any1 got proof/engine lasted Reply with quote

hey,
im biulding up a 1600 engine and 2 machine shops say 2ltr pistons wont fit in the 1600, they say they will only do 1800 pistons (84-85mm bore?). The reason im asking is ive heard a lot of ppl (some from this forum) say they have 2ltr pistons fitted with a resulting 1750cc. SO MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE FITTED 2LTR PISTONS THAT HAS PROVE (photos etc).
cheers
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: 87mm bore on 1600..any1 got proof/engine lasted Reply with quote

hey ive got one of those hot little motors!

here are the specs of it all:

BOTTOM END WORK:
87.5mm Bore (use Racegem's Formula it is 1803cc)
New G200 Pistons (Flat Top)
Ground Crank
Resized Rods
Decked Block
Moly Rings
Double Row Timing Chain
High Volume Oil Pump
Guides
Tensioner Seals
Gaskets
Welch Plugs
Fully Balanced

HEAD WORK:
Big Port Head
Port And Polish
Cut Seats To Blend Ports
Heavy Duty Valve Springs
Stage 2 Camtech Camshaft

i also have some pictures of the donk without the head on it if you are interested.
as far as the engine lasting, its taken everything if dished out to it including a couple of 7000RPM Thrashings in 2nd.
hope this info helps in some way, if ya got anymore questions let me know...

cheers,
kev
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: MR_GEMI Reply with quote

how much power does this make??
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: MR_GEMI Reply with quote

ive got another 1000km till next service, in which it will be tuned on the dyno, a power run will also be done, but i will post as soon as i find out!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MR_GEMI Reply with quote

Hey,
thanks for the response. Could u send me them photos, i would like to see the space between 3-4, 1-2 cylinders. U see in perth nobody really deals with 4 cylinders, especially gemini's, so i have a lot conflicting advice.
my email is holdenmonaro@hotmail.com

cheers
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: MR_GEMI Reply with quote

ok mate, im at work at the moment, so i dont have access to the pics, but i will email them to you tonight, they are pretty large files (digi camera) so u will get a good look at it

cheers,
kev
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 87mm bore on 1600..any1 got proof/engine lasted Reply with quote

i have g200 pistons (had the top machined to lower compression) in my 1600.my block is also O ringed i also have copper head gasket and run 14 psi boost. suck through carb. approx 165 hp at the fly wheel. non turbo is about 84 hp at fly wheel. have the invoice with parts listed bun no photos sorry...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: