HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuel Filler Neck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Fuel Filler Neck Reply with quote

Anyone here done an EFI conversion??
I was wondering how you went about changing the fuel filler neck to the EFI item??... Did you get it welded on to the fuel tank.. or connect it with silicone hose and clamps.
Is it legal to connect it with silicone hose and clamps??
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Filler Neck Reply with quote

u can buy a kit from auto barn thatr screws into the original unleaded one.

eggshell EH
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Filler Neck Reply with quote

Are you talking about the neck that you stick the fuel thing in to fill up the car? and if so, why does that have to change when you get EFI ?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Filler Neck Reply with quote

Your not talking about the fuel pickup on the tank are you ?

When my wagon was in at Just geminis getting fixed up steve found that the pickup from the tank was a fucking piece of rubber hose. So it would work for a while and after a bit of driving it would swell and not give enough fuel. Dodgy !

I had a proper metal pickup welded on in the end.
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Filler Neck Reply with quote

No... not that.
The hole where you stick the bowser in needs to be an unleaded item (it has a flap or something). You can get them off camiras. I need to attach it to the fuel tank. Too much effort to weld as you need it at the exact same angle.
Never mind... too hard to explain.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Nope, no, nein Reply with quote

He is talking about the bit you put the fuel bowser nozzle into. On cars with unleaded engines, there is a smaller opening, which prevents the larger leaded bowser from being used. Have a look next time you are at the servo.

I'm told, but have not tried, that a modified (presumably JE) camira item is the way to go.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Nope, no, nein Reply with quote

ummm, y bother, if u can get the bowser nozzle in who cares about the stupid flap thing... im running on unleaded/prem unleaded and there is no prob, didnt change anything, so y do u need to???? just to say "oh its got a modified fuel filler up thing! "!?!?!?!?!?! wow! lol
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Filler Neck Reply with quote

ive done it. all i did was chop the old on off then put a vl one on, using a rubber hose and a couple of hose clamps. passed engineering alright. the reason u need to do this is because of the smaller unleaded nozzle (all for engineering)

hope this helps
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Nope, no, nein Reply with quote

It is a legal requirement of a modification plate, to get your car roadworthy you need to change the fuel filler neck.
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:05 am    Post subject: Re : Fuel Filler Neck Reply with quote

You can buy an aftermaket insert, same as what they use on all imports.
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Filler Neck Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
I couldn't find the attachment yous were talkin bout. Thanks 4 the info rust3, saved me some time and money tryin to weld it on!!... I have since found out that you can comply it by attaching it with rubber hose (not silicone hose).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: