HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuel Lines for conversions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

Ok, say i put an sr20/fj20 turbo in my gem, that means i gotta get bigger fuel lines right?
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

dont HAVE to, HYP04 is runing high 9's in his 2.6 turbo and its got stock fule lines
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

No, standard fuel lines are fine, but you should replace the rubber hoses with high pressure items.
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

ahhh ok then, thanks boys

Neslo
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

dont know about anyone else but i have a 1.8l turbo gem and had alot of trouble with leaning out not being able to keep up the fuel at high revs. i ran 3/8 line from my tank to my carby and now every thing is fine. i looked at the original line its not very big.
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

nah they arent big at all....thats why i was asking
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

The TX-TE have small fuel lines. TF and TG have 5/16" lines which are big enough for any turbo engine, with a good pump that is.

Loz
Nick_H
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

mine is TG...maybe ok but i had a problem with mine not getting enough fuel with a holly blue regulated at 7 psi.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Lines for conversions Reply with quote

I dont think the standard line sizes are huge, but i've made over 300hp with standard line size, and there are plenty of others who have made more than that on standard lines.

Maybe your pump wasn't up to it?? Could have been your needle and seat were restrictive, and the bigger lines managed to disguise the issue. Something like that anyway.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: