HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Compression Braking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Compression Braking Reply with quote

Anyone else do compression braking, u know, dropping the clutch when slowing down? I dont think it'd be too good for ur diff cause it locks ya diff when u do that, hence the screech of tyres. Just checkin who does it, i dont do it much, but still pretty cool.

Cheers

Neslo
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Compression Braking Reply with quote

i do it when people push in front of me and i nearly hit them

they think u have jumped on the brakes and are skidding towards you and scares the absoulte shit out of them

its pretty hard to loose control and works best when u drop it into second and dump it Smile
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Compression Braking Reply with quote

haha yeh, dont do it in the wet though, u slide heaps, like a handbrakey....but u dont have control over how long the back wheels are locked up. But yeh, works best gearing down into second and dumping it if ur approaching a corner fast.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Compression Braking Reply with quote

i did that in the wet. i used a pintara to stop my car from sliding
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Compression Braking Reply with quote

hehe
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Compression Braking Reply with quote

no but I did slip my auto TE thru D and N and into R at 60 k/h in traffic. shit that scared me and someone behind me. needless to say I ripped it back PDQ. Sad
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Compression Braking Reply with quote

ive done that. the auto box, sounds like its tryin to fuk itself over big time.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Compression Braking Reply with quote

Yeah a mate of mine did it with a powerglide in a HK ute at about 40kms, the auto selected reverse, the diff bounced a coulpe of times and put the metal fan straight through the radiator,and the ute came to a hault very quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: