HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

How long will it Last??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juso
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: How long will it Last?? Reply with quote

Hey there guys
i have a tg with a g200 engine bored out as far as possible just had new g200 head done , rings etc etc... running twin redline webers, full exhaust...the guy who did the engine says drive it for a while then it would be advisable to sell it because its bored out so far that the head gasket doesnt have much room to grip and all sortsof things could happen....what do u guys think should i have too much worries or what...ive spent a bit of money and didnt wanna sell it cos the body is100% rust free and never been hit etc...
any one got some ideas
cheers
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How long will it Last?? Reply with quote

how heavy is your right foot?

well, what you should have done is get it bored out to the max, then sleeved back to stock.
what kind of compression are you running, what kind of fuel?
its little things like that that make the difference between short and long life. if you run hi comp and crap fuel, itll kill the motor.
and if your worried about the head gasket, get a copper one.
but if you want to keep the motor, i say sleeve the block, then balance it and run standard size flat-tops. or of course you could get dished ones and turbo it.....but thats entirely up to you...

hope this helps some.
rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: