HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CA18 DET Engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

what are these engines from? are they any good? also what price would i be looking at for an sr20 transplant
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

CA's are from S13 180sx's and silvias. A very good, inexpensive engine.

As for the sr conversion, when I have my own workshop I will give you a quote, until then, ring a workshop!
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

your probably looking at around $1300-$2000 for the motor and that will have like 80-100Kms on the clock and you will be looking at around $4000 + to get it fitted and set up.
then the engine will spit itself so you'll have to recondition it.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

Could be worth just saving a bit more and going for an sr20, if it fits that is..

But its a bit stronger engine and could take a bit more abuse before a rebuild is needed.
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

yeh well i really want an sr20....i was thinkin about it and was gonna spend up to $6000 on it.... motor, conversion and everything, but i dont wanna have to do a rebuild, cause theres more money i'd have to fork out!! How much would a rebuild cost around abouts?? cause i dont recon i'd have to replace much, unless i got a completely fucked motor...i mean bottom end would/should all be good, head might need a shave, new gaskets...stuff like that...
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

If you like 2L go the whole way and drop a 20B Twin Turbo in from a jc cosmo, look at www.3rotor.com for more info on the engine. If you are going to spend $6000 plus for a crappy 4 cly, you midas well spend an extra grand or so and have a unique gemini. good luck
FJ20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

have fun gettting it on the road! lol
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

haha yeh fuck that, rotors arent for me!! i dunno how to fix them, but i know how to fix izusu's, and i dont think an sr20 would be too much different inside, its a 4 cylinder as well, so thats why i've decided on a sr20/fj20 or something like that, i also want it turbo.
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

depends if you get a sr or a ca you really should get it recond if you dont want the hassles iof takin it out again. the bottom end can go it the engine is a thrashed one
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: CA18 DET Engines Reply with quote

i spose, but a rebuild would cost a fair bit for an sr wouldnt it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: