HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stupid car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: stupid car Reply with quote

im still having the same problem with my gem as i did ages and ages ago. everything works until i go to crank the car over. lights, radio etc, everything cuts out. and occasionly when testing shit. like the headlights. sometimes they dont come on. and there is a buzz coming from the relay box. its all fuked i tell ya. anyone have any ideas as what is goin on???

cheers peoples.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid car Reply with quote

even though your fuses look good.. the contact isnt!
sand the fuse box terminals with fine wet and dry paper and do the fuses as well this should eliminate the relay buzz as it is not enough power going thru to operate it .
if this doesnt work then replace the relay and check the headlight earths which are the screws on the top of the shock tower near the guard... as they will sometimes have a bad connection and hunt for an earth thru the system else where.....
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: stupid car Reply with quote

this was a good tip for all gemini owners, whenever something electrical doesn't work and the fuse is ok do what the previous reply said and sand down the terminals because this is a common problem on all gemini's up to 1994.
Better of do it to all your fuse contacts now,before one day your driving down the freeway and all of a sudden the car dies,you get the car towed(cost u arm&leg)and you find out that it was just a poor connection.(pissed off big time)
How do i know? It happend to me.Was i pissed off?fuck yeah.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: ITS STILL FKD!!!! Reply with quote

i hit the ignition, and nothing happens, just a click from the starter motor. i checked all the wiring and i sanded the fuses and fuse terminals. nothing works.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ITS STILL FKD!!!! Reply with quote

ok it now sounds like the battery has died..
when you hit the key and it clicks.. does the dash lights dim to the point that you cant see them?
it may be a really bad earth or the starter has died as well
a lot of possibilities there son...
goto auto barn or a battery place and get them to check it for you(battery)
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ITS STILL FKD!!!! Reply with quote

i used my sisters brand new battery and its a really good working starter, not long ago had recon. i think this is a question for the pros. i will go find out tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: