HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Trim thingys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Trim thingys Reply with quote

gday peoples any of you wouldnt know how to get the badges and the trims off without fuckin the paint up too much?
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Trim thingys Reply with quote

i would soooo like to know that to...im started and the black dirty shit glue looked bad underneath so i left it...i did my boot badges...only a small spot so i thought what the fuck..i took it of and real bad black shit glue...i clened it up with some turp's and all that was left was a tiny lil bit of spot paint damage..so it isnt as bad as it look's..try to lift maybee a tiny bit off strip and clean underneath...see how it goes...also throw some hot soapy water on the strip's and that will soften and weaken the glue...

regard's..brendan
GemFactor
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Trim thingys Reply with quote

if you have any left over tap(its double sided tape) DONT use any implemets like knives n shit. Use your fingernail as its soft and wont leave damage. The key is patience. If you have to sit there for 3 hours picking it off, so be it, better than fuckint he paint having to cut it back and respray it
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Trim thingys Reply with quote

thanks people the help is much appreciated Smile
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Trim thingys Reply with quote

If you've got a factory or 2pac paint finish then pour some thinners (turps) down into where the glue is and leave it for a few minutes to let it soak through.

Then wipe it away with a turps covered rag and soap and water to finish it off.

DONT DO THIS ON AN ACRYLIC PAINTJOB !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: