HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

MAJOR electrical problems HELP!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: MAJOR electrical problems HELP!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi guys I just re-sprayed my gemy and hid the wiring in the gaurds. took the dash board out and just refitted it.
Major problems. TE sedan
firstly the rear demister light stays on all the time and the switch isnt even connected.

secondly the heater switch on 1 does nuthing u, you go up a speed and the wipers start going on slow and the charge lights come up on the cluster?

The brake lights dont work and the rear parker lights stay on all the time?

The head lights work and the horn

I need heaps of help please any1.
can any1 help ?

I think it maybe some thing from when i hid all the wiring because I had to extend all the wires so that it would fit. but I done everything right im pretty sure?
please help
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR electrical problems HELP!!!!! Reply with quote

Did you insulate the wire connections? did you use fat wire to join the other wires?

check the fuses cause on my brothers rx-4 every thing was fucked like the horn would go on when you put the brake on and the indercators would stay on and other fucked up shit like that so i checked and changed the fuses and used the propper sized fuses too and now the prick works fine.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR electrical problems HELP!!!!! Reply with quote

haha ur rooted.
seriously, make sure u insulate the wires. u coulda have it shorting agaisnt the metal of the guard.

just piece it all back together (gotta be done) and make sure u insulate and solder them up instead of just twistin them together and leavin em like that
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR electrical problems HELP!!!!! Reply with quote

BAD EARTH!!!!!!, Check that you have a good earth wire to the body from the battery, also there is a couple of wires that connect to tan earth under the dash make sure they are connected properly,

cheers
Eggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: