HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP!!!plzzzzzz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: HELP!!!plzzzzzz Reply with quote

Hey all..
I kinda smacked a curb pretty hard in tha gemmy and it now pull's to the left pretty hard...wondering if neone know's what might need replacing and if neone has ne ideas or any part's....(p.s) i hit on the left
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!plzzzzzz Reply with quote

Steering rack could be fucked cause that happened to my bluebird or you could of just really fucked your alliment.
check the distance between your tyre and the side of your gard.
brent47
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!plzzzzzz Reply with quote

ok...
it's just that it's all good it pull's slowly at slow speed's but hit 60 and u let go and youre seeing the curb....i had an allignment and to no luck...how much is it to replace the steering rack and how big a job?
tuff187
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!plzzzzzz Reply with quote

my brother actually did the same a few months ago and it fuked his steering rack and bend his chassis!! soo about $350 it went staight again Razz good luck!!
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!plzzzzzz Reply with quote

for a new recon rack it could cost $350 but get a good second hand one with new boots and grease and tie rods and save yourself a bit of money.
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!plzzzzzz Reply with quote

took me 3 hours and three fingers(use axel stands!!!!!! and put the wheels underneath)
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!plzzzzzz Reply with quote

i did it a few days ago in the wagon

you hit the front yeah? cause you didnt say...

upper and lower control arms fucked and i bent the chassis slightly

350 repair job nothing too major

goodluck

if ur in sydney i can reccomend a place
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!plzzzzzz Reply with quote

I got a second handy from the wreckers for $50, then chucked it in, didnt cost anything more. just check that the rack is actually good when u go to get it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: