HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gauge (feul,odometer) problems.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: gauge (feul,odometer) problems..... Reply with quote

me odometer and fuel gauges don't work, both odometer one's, my speedo works fine, what could be the problem, i've looked behind the gauges and they are sealed at the back. Got any ideas, cause i got no way of tellin how much fuel i have left. bought it this way.

chriss...
tuff187
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: gauge (feul,odometer) problems..... Reply with quote

i'd say the cheapest way would be pick up a second hand dash and change tha whole thing over... Smile
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: gauge (feul,odometer) problems..... Reply with quote

if u take it apart ull have all silver lines everywhere. if ones snapped, thats ur problem. so solder a wire from where it snapped to the other side.

or if u cant see one u need to get a whole new circuit board coz id say theres a crack under that board
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: gauge (feul,odometer) problems..... Reply with quote

Firstly, for your fuel check the pickups on the fueltank sometimes they can short out if they touch on something and the guage won't work.

If that fails ..

Just buy some second hand guages from the wreckers. Shouldn't cost much, $30 or so. Very easy job to replace, whip out the old one, disconnect speedo cable and the 2 plugs.

Wack the new one in and jam your hands under the dash and connect everything up.

Done
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: gauge (feul,odometer) problems..... Reply with quote

i got same prob with my TG odometer, open the back case up, and take out the speedo/odometer, look at the cogs that turn the numbers, the main one on mine had two teeth worn away, so once it gets to there it stops turning, so anyway, u could just get that new cog, coz no doubt u prob got a low odometer reading coz it hasnt been working!!! so u'll want to keep that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: