HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Turbo coolant lines going to drainplug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Turbo coolant lines going to drainplug Reply with quote

Has anybody run turbo coolant lines to the block drain plug? With one say going there and the other to one of the heater hoses? OR where have you other people put them?

Cheers
Loz
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo coolant lines going to drainplug Reply with quote

Hey Loz,

Yeah, I had a watercooled turbo setup and just plumbed the turbo into the heater pipes, it warmed the inside of the car up nicely in the morning, I just added it to the circuit,

cheers
Eggy
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo coolant lines going to drainplug Reply with quote

I think the best place to put the lines would be to tee each of the heater hoses.

If you run one line back to the drain plug into the side of the block, then you risk screwing up the coolant circuit, but I cant remember exactly how the circuit works. You have to follow it from the water pump, work out which lines/jackets are pushing and pulling. The pump is basically a centrifugal compressor.

Ben Wight
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo coolant lines going to drainplug Reply with quote

Well I was always going to tee them into the heater hoses but then I realised there was another place. And for some reason I decided that the drain plug must be in the return circuit of the system. So that way if I ran one from the heater hose and the other one from there ten it would work well. However that was only a quick thought.

Loz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: