HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Problem with RB Carby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Problem with RB Carby Reply with quote

I have just rebuilt a 1986 RB SLE for my daughter. It has been going great but the carby has just started to play up. It starts Ok but when it gets warm the float chamber starts to fill up and fuel pours into the secondary throat chamber and the engine starts to run like a horse bucking.
When the enine is turned off you can here and see the fuel pouring into the chamber. I have put a new kit through and it hasn't made a difference. Anybody got any ideas, I'm out of ideas.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with RB Carby Reply with quote

have u thought about a new carby from a wrecker?
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with RB Carby Reply with quote

Have you checked the float needle? Could be that.
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with RB Carby Reply with quote

had the same prob after i took apart my nikki and cleaned it up.. i had the washer on the wrong side of the float bulb, so it just kept flooding the carby. pull it off again and check the needle is limitin the fuel properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: