HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Brake warning light wont turn off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject: Brake warning light wont turn off Reply with quote

I just bled the brakes on a gemini and i cant get the brake light on the dash to turn off. I did a search and found a post by long lost 'Racegem' A.K.A Yonnee, it said to disconnect and reconect the wire that that goes into the brake bias valve after bleeding to fix the problem. I've done that but to no avail. I tried bleeding with a few more pumps then disconecting and reconecting. I tried disconecting it then bleeding a few times then reconecting it. But it doesn't want to switch off unless i pull the plug - obviously.
With the wire disconnected, the warning light comes back on again as it's suposed to when the handbrake is lifted, and turns off when the hand brake is released. But i need to have the wire connected as it's on a girls car and she needs the warning light in case the fluid drops too low. It's only come on after i bled the brakes so it has to be a simple fix that i'm not thinking of. Can someone please lend a hand on how to get this thing to turn off once it's reconnected.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Brake warning light wont turn off Reply with quote

There is something in the gregories about this... one minute... damnit, my gregories is at a friend's house...

Anyone else care to look it up.
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake warning light wont turn off Reply with quote

this is lifted word for word from the gregorys manual:

"After a failure in the hydraulic system has been repaired and after bleeding the brake system, the brake failure warning lamp switch must be reset as follows: Disconnect the wiring from the switch terminal and unscrew the switch from the proportioning valve. With the switch removed the piston return spring will centralise the piston. The switch can now be installed and tightened securely. Connect the wiring to the switch terminal.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Cheers Reply with quote

Good stuff, thnx a heap Wharfie. There was nothing in my search that indicated that the actual switch had to be removed. If my Gregory's manual didn't get stolen i'd be able to check all this stuff out anytime i want.
Cheers again,
Jasyn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: