HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

can u?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

hahah i know money can be exchanged for goods, i was taught that when i was a drop in my dads dick, now c if u said how much money and what to do that woulda been a good answer and i wouldnt have had to crack the shits like that. u c ive had rather a bad day and yeah didnt appreciate it
anywho cheers
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

I have about 200hp from my G200 dohc Gemini race car.You can have a look at my site for the specs- www.alphalink.com.au/~gem as for more info you will need BIG cams 6000-8500rpm power band (nothing at all under 6000rpm) forged pistons-$1500, Balanced intermals head work to allow the big cams to clear the casting of the buckets (my head ports ar still stock standard) a good ECU (Autronic,Motec,Haltech) I would also run quad trottle bodies big injectors and a good gearbox to handle all that power.If you pay someone to build the engine and install it and install the ECU and tune it I would say you would not have much change from about $10K. Good luck.If you need and more info just ask me. Paul.
gemi1
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

i told you that you need money !!!
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

thanx gem if i where to do it on my own well the most of( dads a aircraft engineer for boeing) = pretty skilled crafty old man, how much do u recon it would cost, i know its hard to say cause its unsure what i could do but yeah take a roughey. and do u recon it would wheelstand if u had super soft front susp and hard back?
c i really wana make a gem that wheelstands
(childhood dream)
thanx ohh yeah and i am seriouse so no nit pickin
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

If you intend to use this engine for an everyday drive around town car forget it,just remember the more power you get from an engine the tighter the power band becomes .When my engine is under 6000 rpm even a stock 1600 gemini would accelarate faster.I would go for an average cam,some head work and a good rebuild.I would be aiming for about 150hp .If you were to MAKE your own throttle bodies this would save you some money and install and wire up the ecu this would also drop the price.
Here is a really rough estimate (don't blame me if it costs more):
engine & box $1500
ecu new/secondhand $1000
Quad throttles $1500
cams redone $ 600
rebuild $1000
clutch & other bits $ 500
dyno tune $ 500
TOTAL $6600.
I hope this helps. As for wheel stands I would have no Idea all I know is if the car is lifting off the ground it is not moving forward as much which would be the main piont especially in drag racing. Paul
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

thanx heaps gem ohh yeah to top off my fucken bad night i had i shortly after had to go to intensive care(grans sick) and didnt get home till 5 in tha mornin Neutral

but yeah thanx man
245ci TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: i got a g200 twin cam for sale Reply with quote

how much you asking for the lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: