HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

can u?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: can u? Reply with quote

as the post header sugests in guna ask u a can u question Wink
in a G200 dohc does that meen u can put 2 lumpy cams in ? also what kinda hp would a after market computer add to a g200

cheers
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

yep

one cam controls intake and one control exhaust

you could tune it more finely than a sohc

and yep, they generally come as injected motors with stocko computers so u can bang on an aftermarket no worries

aftertmarket computers wont make a whole lot of difference in HP, it just means you can tune it

eg. i cant tune my stocky 1.8 dohc
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

ok?????????
u can gain a lot of performance out of a aftermarket computer actually, but it depends on what u get. the old "u get for what u paid for" is a deffinat in the aftermarket computer scene. eg. the microtech mt-8 has 4 tuning points per RPM where as the new haltec has 36 tuning points.

when its time to get mine done, its gonna cost me $2700 to get my computer and have it installed and tuned.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

2700 for just the computer? and installed? if so what kinda power is it guna give u

in the future id like to get a g200 dohc and get it to approx 200 hp im just wondering as i dont know to much bout efi but like how would i go about getting to approx that with NO turbo or superchargin
gemi1
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: i got a g200 twin cam for sale Reply with quote

for sale g200 twin cam needs bottom end rebuild efi with everything apart from computer!! need starter motor but the sohc one fits just needs custom extractors to go around it!! alternator once again sohc one fits and a gear box which i got told would be 200 dollars! or 100 if you have the gears out a sohc gearbox!!

and a fly wheel becuase the old one is fucked its in the bin !!
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

it wouldnt be megga hourse power. but noticable.
yeah @2700 for the new haltec and it instaled and tuned
good price if u ask me
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: i got a g200 twin cam for sale Reply with quote

sorry man not in the market yet
i dont even have my gem yet im just planing ahead but cheers anyway.
but u may be able to help me with my thoughts.
how do u think i can get 200 hp from a dohc?
not turbo or supercharged or nos hahah sorry im a bit picky the reason i dont want trubo or that is insuracnce matters cost too much
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: i got a g200 twin cam for sale Reply with quote

yeah u can 200hp easy
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

yeah i dont know shit about efi i wasnt bein a smart ass, anywho how would u advise getting this 200 hp ?
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

u would need custom everything, manifolds, plenem, fule rail. huge injectors a fare bit of $$
gemi1
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

by spending money!! Razz theres alot of things you can do!! bore it out ! umm head work !! cams !! exractors !! the computer for the efi! just heaps of shit!!
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

no need to get angry boys, ok ill make it simple what would i need to do to get to 200 or there abouts hp and what price would i be looken at dosnt have to be a dohc just dont want no fancy pants engine that needs a cert to be legal

heheh thanx
gemi1
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

MONEY!!!
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

hey gemi1 thats a fine fucken dandy answer isnt it but do me a favour next time ur guna give a shitey answer like that dont bother answering i asked a simple question was fucken polite so dont be a wanker ok

*katapult decides to take a breath*
if you could give me a reasonable answer chris would be appreciated thanx
gemi1
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: can u? Reply with quote

well you asked how you would do it and i told you !!! its not like your going to get everything for free now!! soo money it the way to do it!!! and yes i did think it was a pretty good answer lucky you relized it aswell !! nice picking up!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: