HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: G200 Reply with quote

i have a question:

what models of cars, did the g200 bottom end come in as a factory option?

i know they come in rodeos n stuff, but unsure exactly of what years and models etc.

thanx. chris.

p.s - plz be specific
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: G200 Reply with quote

The 1980 - 1988 KB Rodeo was where the G200Z came from, it was also used in the UBS Jackeroo from 1981 - 1984.
As a note of useless trivia, the G161Z and G180Z engines where also used as part of the KB Rodeo range from 1980 - 1986. Power figures for the three engines were -
G161Z = 49KW
G180Z = 63KW
G200Z = 65KW
I know that posting a power rating for an engine is open to mass debate and squabbling like 65 year old women. But, i am quoting this resource from "50 years of Holden". So please, no bitching at me for my killowatt ratings - as the saying goes 'don't shoot the messenger'. As a side note, i feel that the G200 has more power than quoted, but i may also be mistaken for the feeling of greater torque from my engine - i couldn't find any torque figures to back this up so i'll assume that's what it is.
Hope that was of some help.
Cheers,
Jasyn...

P.S If someone out there does have the torque figures for the G series engines, i'd love to know what they are so share it with us if u do.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: G200 Reply with quote

thanx heaps. when u say the g161 'Z' or g200 'Z', its the same as in the gem, does the 'Z' mean it's something sifferent or is it all the same.

i don't know if u get wot i mean. eg. does the stock gem come with a g161 only, or a g161Z, or are they the same things.

if so, is ure ordinary g200 that u put in ya gem the same as these g200Z versions?

chris.
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Reply with quote

there is no such thing as a g200Z the "Z" stands for "'s"
e.g the g200's / the g200z, just an abbreveation
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Reply with quote

ah, sweet, fukn trying to confuse me eh.

thanx.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: I mean seriously Reply with quote

Could you please take more care not to lie on this forum
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: G200 Reply with quote

They are all exactly the same, they came from the same family of engines with slightly different internal changes ie, cylinder bore sizes and a slightly longer stroke on the 1800cc & 2000cc to increase capacity. The 'Z' denoted the SOHC versions.
My resource say's that from TE onwards the 'G' was dropped from the Isuzu engine code, but i have read on this forum a few times that the 'Z' was actually dropped instead. That may be what is confusing you, either way they're all the same.
Yes the G200 is the same as the G200Z. And yes, in case you were also wondering they do literally bolt in without any modifications to anything like crossmembers, engine mounts, bellhousing adaptor plates etc. You probably already knew that, but just in case you didn't - now you do. I know this as i have done it personally myself, the only mod needed was a new connector plug to the alternator. I could have used my original alternator to save the hassle, but it was absolutely shagged and the G200 i bought came with it's own one.
Hope this has cleared the murkiness for you.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Reply with quote

yea, want to know coz am thinking of pulling out a g200 out a rodeo eitself, not the trading post or anyting, and don't want to rip it out and find it's wrong one.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 Reply with quote

the z = single cam and the w = twin cams
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: