HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Door Locks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:43 am    Post subject: Door Locks Reply with quote

Hey guys. Ive got a TE wagon. The door (back as well) locks are nackered. I just wanted to know if there is something I can do about this. The Gemi's didnt really come out with great door locks in the first place.
I was thinking of just getting central locking (I need an alarm anyway) and just taking out the locks and puttying and painting over where the locks were. I dont know if I could do the back (hatch door) like this as well. What have you guy done to make your cars more secure in terms of old dodgy locks.
The pasanger door and hatch locks look like they have had a screwdriver shoved in them. I hav'nt had the car long and I dont want it stolen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Locks Reply with quote

well i'm doin up a td wagon at the moment, and all the locks will be taken out and welded over, so there arent any locks for ppl to fuck around with. but yeh, i'd do that if i were u, less fucking around u have to do when someone fucks up your locks. Mooch has done it, ask him about it, he'll tell ya what its like....
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Locks Reply with quote

Mate I have central locking, and the original gemi
locks and you can't open them with a key, screwdriver or
anything else, they just wont turn

If you get central locking and then put the battery in the boot and then remove the boot lock Whatever you do dont leave your lights on flat battery no entry if you cant use the door locks, happened to me the other day.

Cheers
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Locks Reply with quote

you could just rebuild the locks, take them out and u just unscrew them and rebuild them, its very easy. or you could go central locking and use a boot release kit for the tailgate. ive got 1, cost me $25 from jaycar and easy to fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: