HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

exhorst

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: exhorst Reply with quote

ok i am deciding where i wana get it done but i need opinions
i got a quote form gemini spares just over $400 thats extractors 2 " system to a muffler and then out the back
then at profix the guy said he will do it for $400 square and thats extracors 2" to a muffler then i think 2 1/4 inch out the back

what do you reakon?
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: exhorst Reply with quote

im just waiting for MR GEMI's reply
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: exhorst Reply with quote

whys that is he an expert or has he experienced something bad
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: "EXHORST" Reply with quote

haha
maybe you might be looking for an exhaust?
either way....
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: "EXHORST" Reply with quote

yeh i wanna get a quote too, with a dump pipe on the end of a 2 1/2 inch exaust....fucks me ay, too early to decide this shit, only just stripped the car down..
gemi1
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: "EXHORST" Reply with quote

my mate brought a set of exractors of the gemi shop for 45 i think and then paid 120 for a 2 1/4 exhorst!!!
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: ..... Reply with quote

so has any one heard anything bad about profix or gemini spares like which one would be better?
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ..................... Reply with quote

go to a small exhaust place, somewhere that doesnt have a big name, they will do just as good a job, but for less $$$.

your quotes are too expensive.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ..................... Reply with quote

matt's right, those quotes are very expensive.

i would suggest ringing/visiting a few more places before handing over your cash.

if worst comes to worst and all the quotes are about the same, and it comes down to gemispares and profix, i'd go for gemispares...

cheers,
kev
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ..................... Reply with quote

Exhaust Plus on Bridge Road are a couple of the most fastidious guys around. Keep the worshop spotless. Their work is great. Probably won't be the cheapest place around but i can garauntee it'll be quality. I think Gemispares use them anyway lol!

Cheers
Mooch
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: ............................ Reply with quote

cheers i got another quote today from exhaust tenquies they want over $500
i dont know on my old gem i got a exhaust for $250 with out extractors
so how much do extractors go for im guessing they are very expensive well im going to ring around and see
but the price seems about right even though yous say it should be cheeper
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: ............................ Reply with quote

man i got a 2" exhuast with resonator and sports muffler for like $160, and i live in central QLD. Imagine what the prices would be down south way if u look around
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: exhorst Reply with quote

As far as the price of extractors go the cheapest set i've found is $165 NEW from Castle Auto (www.castleauto.com.au)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: